UM Specialist Centre (UMSC) is a tertiary medical centre with specialist services located along Jalan Universiti, Petaling Jaya. It is adjacent to the largest teaching hospital in Malaysia, University of Malaya Medical Centre (UMMC) and the oldest Faculty of Medicine founded in 1905.
UMSC is part of an integrated regional healthcare hub with UMMC, The Faculty of Medicine and The Faculty of Dentistry. This International Centre of Excellence cluster capitalizes on our more than 100 years old tradition and ethos of Care, Research & Education (CA.R.E) supported by a world-class healthcare infrastructure and a team of compassionate & altruistic healthcare team.
UMSC epitomises “Clinical Excellence” by leveraging on our unique “faculty practice” model where senior academics, faculty professors and key opinion clinical leaders of the institution provide unrivalled modern clinical services through a collaborative team-based approach where patients get the “best of the best”.
Our Supporting Facilities
Some of the facilities supporting our care delivery process are:
- Advanced Diagnostics Centre for Biomedical Imaging
- Advanced Diagnostics Centre for Laboratory & Pathology
- Interventional Catheter & Diagnostic Laboratory
- Image Guided Operating Suites
- Integrated Rehabilitation Centre
- Cytotoxic Reconstitution Centre
- Ambulatory Care Centre
- Retail Pharmacy
- Renal Care Unit
- Dietetic Consultation
- Multi-Specialty Dental Centre
- Radiosurgery and Radiotherapy Centre
- Deep Brain Stimulation
- Centre for Image Guided & Minimally Invasive Therapy (CIGMIT)
- Centre for Magnetic Resonance guided Focused Ultra Sound (MRgFUS)
- Centre for Minimally Invasive Laparo-Endoscopic Surgery (MILES)
- ASEAN Sleep Research & Competence Centre (ASRCC)