Kajang Hospital is located at the eastern of Kajang Town in the District of Hulu Langat, Selangor Darul Ehsan. According to the historical records, it was built in 1889 on 16 acres of land area, about 30km southeast of Kuala Lumpur.
The hospital has evolved in line with the development of the District, from 250 beds in 1970 to 306 beds at present. In terms of building structure, the hospital has received an additional building from level to level.
In 1910, the hospital building which remains until now, is the four storey hospital building in 1976. Other buildings are blocks of Food (1983), House of Mortal Remains (1985), blocks of Pathology (1992). Additional buildings are through Reconstruction Project Phase 2, Kajang Hospital, sponsored by Asian Development Bank amounting to RM14.1 million and were completed in 1999. It consists of the Maternity Ward Class 1 & 2 (22 beds), Infant Special Care Unit (20 beds), the House Surgery (3 rooms), Intensive Care Unit (6 beds), Children’s Ward (25 beds) and Rehabilitation block.
In 2009, Kajang Hospital has built new additional building blocks that are new Imaging and Diagnostics block, Psychiatry Clinic and Psychiatric Ward.